- Conversation Skills and Autism
- Clubs for People with Autism & Special Needs
- Autism – Evolution in the Making.
- Mainstream Schools vs Special Schools for Autism
- Autism Awareness Month
- Autistic Children’s Pragmatic Language – Conflict Resolution & Social Skills
- Occupational Therapy for Autism.
- DSM-5 Changing Autism Spectrum Disorder Diagnosis
- Autism Spectrum Disorders and Puberty
- Coping with Autism Spectrum Disorder Meltdowns and Behaviours
Powered by Twitter Tools
SEO Booster Lite
Tag Archives: SON-RISE
April is Autism Awareness Month It is Autism Awareness Month and it is staggering the number of children being diagnosed within the Autism Spectrum of Disorders, at the moment 1 in 88 children are being diagnosed and 1 in 54 … Continue reading
The Ten Best Books for Understanding and Treating Autism We have done a great deal of research and reading over the years to get the best knowledge, understanding and methods for treating our daughter with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
We have had over ten years experience with tutoring and teaching our daughter with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Below is some of the Teaching Aids we used that we think were the most successful in her development and learning.
As mentioned in the previous post – ABA, what is it and how does it work – the most common and distinguishing type of intervention based on applied behavior analysis is discrete trial teaching. It is what people most often … Continue reading
This is a method that we used ourselves right at the beginning when Isy had no language or speech.