- Conversation Skills and Autism
- Clubs for People with Autism & Special Needs
- Autism – Evolution in the Making.
- Mainstream Schools vs Special Schools for Autism
- Autism Awareness Month
- Autistic Children’s Pragmatic Language – Conflict Resolution & Social Skills
- Occupational Therapy for Autism.
- DSM-5 Changing Autism Spectrum Disorder Diagnosis
- Autism Spectrum Disorders and Puberty
- Coping with Autism Spectrum Disorder Meltdowns and Behaviours
Powered by Twitter Tools
SEO Booster Lite
Tag Archives: ABA
Schools for Autism – Mainstream or Special? We have had quite a lot of exposure lately to the subject of Mainstream Schools and Special Schools for children with Austism. There are quite a few arguments / opinions for and against … Continue reading
FAQ About Autism and Autistic Persons Here is a list of the most FAQ (frequently asked questions) with answers in respect to Autism Spectrum Disorders and Autistic children and or persons.
We have had over ten years experience with tutoring and teaching our daughter with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. Below is some of the Teaching Aids we used that we think were the most successful in her development and learning.
How to teach a child with Autism using ABA techniques and the power of positive re-enforcement (Video). Liz has been home tutoring our daughter with Autism – Isy for just over ten years now. She uses a combination of techniques … Continue reading
I remember when we had our worst fears confirmed – your child has Autism! It can be a devastating blow, and you are left wondering – what now?
As mentioned in the previous post – ABA, what is it and how does it work – the most common and distinguishing type of intervention based on applied behavior analysis is discrete trial teaching. It is what people most often … Continue reading
Applied Behavior Analysis. “Applied” means practice, rather than research or philosophy. “Behavior analysis” may be read as “learning theory,” that is, understanding what leads to (or doesn’t lead to) new skills. (This is a simplification: ABA is just as much … Continue reading