The Ten Best Books for Understanding and Treating Autism
We have done a great deal of research and reading over the years to get the best knowledge, understanding and methods for treating our daughter with an Autism Spectrum Disorder.
We have come a long way on our journey but there is still a long road ahead. Patience, acceptance, loving and understanding are in our opinion the most effective tools anyone can use for a child or person with a disability, however there is a mountain of information out there for the taking, trouble is sorting through all that information to get what you need.
Below is a list of the ten best books we can recommend for information, ideas, methods and treatments for Autism. These are the books that we have read or have been recommended by others and or have been used for reference in a number of ways. When trying to fix something it always pays to know how it works, for a human being that is not easy but understanding and knowing about the problem can help in treating it!
Hover over the link for a description and preview
- Son Rise by Barry Neil Kaufman
- Teaching Individuals With Developmental Delays: Basic Intervention Techniques
- The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science (James H. Silberman Books)
- Relationship Development Intervention with Young Children: Social and Emotional Development Activities for Asperger Syndrome, Autism, PDD and NLD
- Relationship Development Intervention with Children, Adolescents and Adults
- Applied Behavior Analysis for Teachers (8th Edition)
- Thinking in Pictures (Expanded, Tie-in Edition): My Life with Autism (Vintage)
- A Work in Progress: Behavior Management Strategies and a Curriculum for Intensive Behavioral Treatment of Autism
- Children with Starving Brains: A Medical Treatment Guide for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders
If you know of any other good books that you can recomend please let us and (everyone else) know by leaving a comment! Thank you.
© 2011, EJ Banon. All rights reserved.